Lanyon and the environment...
At Lanyon we try to be as self sufficient as possible and we are very proud of our Gold Green Tourism Award.
The turbine produces enough electricity not only to provide all the electric to the properties but also allows us to sell to
We have a ground source heat pump, providing hot water and under floor heating in Coswyn Barn. The
electric required by the ground source heat pump is supplied by the wind turbine. We could not get greener!
Low energy light bulbs are used through-out the properties.
No chemicals are used, all cleaning is done with ecological cleaners.
When converting the Coach-House and Coswyn Barn we used as much recycled and local materials as
possible, local slate and timber, bricks and oak from the original barns were recycled and rescued where
We always appoint local labour for the building work and the ongoing maintenance.
We have a dedicated recycling area for each property.
All food waste including cooked food waste can be deposed in bins provided and when full emptied into our
All the logs that we supply to our guests in the winter (and summer if you really want a fire) are logs from
fallen trees on our land.
We monitor and manage our energy use.
We work with the Green Tourism Business Scheme and we are members of the Coast Network to improve how we run our business sustainably.
We can work together to make less impact on our surroundings...your 6 things
1. Use the recycling facilities. Reduce, Reuse and Recycle.
2. Please do not turn up the heating and open windows, this is counter-productive
3. Please do not litter and respect the Country Code.
4. Go on a beach clean. If you enjoy being on a beach and are respoonsible and care about the environment then this is how you can have fun and help at the same time.
5. Buy local food and services whilst you are here this helps the local community and reduces food miles.
Buying local products when you can also helps as local products often come with less packaging.
6. Spend a day without the car. Take a nature walk, there are many footpaths at Lanyon - go for a walk with a
picnic or come back for a picnic in the garden at Lanyon Holiday Cottages. It will make a fun day.